Thursday, May 12, 2011

WHO'S GOT YOUR BACK: PART 2

PART TWO:
Andrew didn’t say much to me after our steamy rendezvous. I was too proud to call him first and simply tried to pick and prod the whole situation with my girls at work.

Next weekend, Anthony David was coming to town. No way on earth was I missing that concert. Gat advance tickets decided that I would wear the dress that Daisy had sent for me from Australia just a few days ago with her brother (along with Adele’s new album 21).

Concert day-I was syked. Did some errands with Catelyn my neighbor and got home just in time to shower and change for the concert. Still no word from Andrew or Daisy or Garry for that matter. I got home and changed my mind about wearing the dress. Wore leggings, ankle length boots, a top and a boyfriend jacket…

The concert was great. After that the girls and I packed my car (my momma’s car) and headed to electric avenue, aka Westy. Club number 1: Bachus. Hoped to bump into Andrew there but there was no sign of him or his car. Went to another club, same club that Andrew and me were getting busy, and by then I was drunkish. Walking into the club, I spot *David in front of us. He’s hot. Light skinned, looks like he gyms everyday by the size of his arms and tone of his thighs and is commercially too bloody cute. Not my type. For the body, I would def say it’s a yes, but the pretty boy Justin Timberlake face and light skin, naaat so much. He’s also an old friend. Been knowing him since I was 12years old and he 15. I yelled, “Omigaaad why them jeans so tight!” and my girls burst out laughing. He turned around in a staggering motion. Omigosh he cannot be drunk! For the longest time I knew David, he was a health freak and never drank alcohol. He laughed after seeing me and we hugged. He leaned on me a little longer than usual. “Jeez how’d u get so high!!!”I asked him, and he stammered “don’t judge me Purple, been a tough day”… I promised not to and said I would see him at the club.

At the club I am bored stiff. The music is pounding in my ears and the alcohol tastes like bitter herbs. I want to go home. Self pity creeps in… I start to think about how I am a single girl clubbing every weekend looking for happiness and never finding it. I’m done clubbing…I need to start drawing again. That’s what I’ll do with my Saturday nights. And now that I’m starting piano classes I can think of some melodies for the songs I’ve written. I look back at my past relationships. Baby was the last serious like, proper serious boyfriend I had and that relationship failed… and then I thought of Brit… Ya’l remember him? He was such a good man, and then I thought of motor cycle guy and then of Garry. I looked at my phone. “No more drunk texts girl please...” I pleaded with my conscience. I drunk text, “This Usher song reminds me of the day you were dancing in my house… (plus some another rubbish I wrote)” , finish, send.

David stumbled towards me. I tried to avoid eye contact. I didnt want to talk to anyone. “Heeeeyy Purple”… his eyes were dancing and his face brightened up as he smiled at me with that infectious gorgeous grin. “Looking good!” he drawled. “Thanks…” I responded looking down at my boots. “Hey Puppy!” he yelled over the music to my girl. Ahh so that’s why he’s here… Puppy’s like the hottest chic in Nairobi. I moved back tryna give him room to talk to her. But then he moved when I moved and made himself comfy next to me. “Mayn the girls in this club!” he exhaled, “wooH, had to get away, they were bugging me.” he finished, giving away his signature smile. I got a flash of the Colgate advertisement. “Well maybe if you hadn’t broken bad looking this good, you’d be sitting here with us!” I joked. He leaned into my ear… “Where is your boyfriend…what was his name…?” he looked up squinting trying to remember.

“Hahaha, Baby? We broke up a year ago! I think it will be two years in October…!” I shouted back.
“No! has it really been that long?” he asked astonished. I nodded back smiling. “it has been a minute!”
“You really loved that guy Purple.” He began. “But you were sad weren’t you? How come you never called me?”


You see, David and I grew up in the same church. When he was in his mid teens, he became an usher for the youth service. When I turned fourteen, a friend of mine who had the hugest crush on David convinced me into becoming an usher with her so that she could be close to him. At 14 I didn’t really have a type and I thought he was cute too so I said why nat. All through high school, David had always been someone I looked up to. He became head usher for the teen service at some point and I remember I used to see him like he was my boss and big brother. He said to me one day, “Purple, maybe you should get a looser fitting skirt. You know how the people from the main Church are.” I was growing hips at that age and everything I owned started to get tight. So I always felt fat and took this as an insult and never looked at David with dreamy eyes ever again. To me he was dead.

In University, we joined the same school. Girls thought he was lush. I didn’t see it. By then, if you were not dark and handsome, I never looked your way. He would come up to me and say, “Purple, call me sometime. You don’t look too happy with this guy.” This was towards the end of my relationship with Baby. I didn’t call David cuz it sounded like he wanted to preach to me. And my relationship with religion had greatly deteriorated by this time.
David kissed me that night. Three times. I kissed him back. For the hell of it. He never left my side. He made me promise that I would call him once I got home. I reminded him that I was fine and that he was just drunk and I wish him well. He said he would call me the next day to prove that he is very aware of what just took place.
He called. Wanted to see me. I was too hangover. He called again, “when r u free then, I want to show you something” “Well I want to take three days off work from tomorrow so we can plan something.” Done.

At night, I paced around my room and finally text Andrew.
Hi Lov… So, now that I am in moderate limbo, can I just ask; do you have a woman? Am I too young? Nat you type? Maybe a lousy kisser? I can take it, really.”

Two minutes later…

Ha ha ha! None of the above. I’m in Las Vegas, Nevada!... hence my silence bayb.

“As in U.S.A?”


Yup

Party scene here nat enough for you? Had to go to sin city!!! I don’t buy that excuse for the silence, but I’ll take it. Work or Leisure?”

“New York for work, Vegas for the weekend. I think you are extremely hot Purple… there was no pun intended. Pole for the silence”

Okay, get me a chip from that place of the ‘Hangover’ (movie)..what was it, ‘Ceaser’s Palace? You rem when the retard asked the receptionist in the film… “Did he really live here? You know… Ceasar?”

“Ha ha ha! I miss your humor P. Was there last night. Bring you a chip then.”

Monday morning, I send Daisy a message. I want so much to tell her about Andrew and how I’m crazy about him and also about David. But with the way she has been acting lately, I wonder if I should even bother. But then she really gets me… and I start to feel bad. I have to fix this, I think to myself.

So I send her a message. It’s pleasantries at first but she’s almost same ol’ D! I’m excited and feel that the time is right to mention to her that there is a strain that I think we should fix. Garry should be behind us. He has no stake in defining our ten year friendship. Along the conversation, she apologizes for closing up to me and says that that is just how she is when she senses anger or judgment from people (she’s referring to the time when I lost it after she told me about Garry hitting on her). I apologized for my quickness to anger.

“Are you ready to talk about Garry” she said/texted
I had no fucking idea where this was going but responded “I’m all in…”
And she begun.

From the moment she landed in Melbourne, Garry did not leave her side. He was the perfect gentleman, opening doors for her, paying her bills, refilling her glass, cupping her face in his hands and declaring her outstanding beauty… she was confused. She didn’t like it. This was my turf, she reminded herself…and she didn’t like smokers besides. But Garry was persistent.
On the day that she had to drop her little brother at the airport to return to Nairobi, Garry insisted on coming along. So there they were like a cute family, driving to the airport. After that they went to the club where they would wait for the rest of the gang. Girls were literally chasing Garry around the club she said. He was lusted over by women in Melbourne and Sidney and he knows it.
One girl, as they were sitted talking and Garry was busy getting jealous over some other guy talking to Daisy, climbed onto a speaker and started dancing trying to get his attention. She had no panties on. Garry walked away. From the bar, Daisy looked back and saw him walk away from another bunch of girls that were all over him. He came to her with a drink in his hand for her. She was blown away at how all these girls wanted him but all he wanted was her.

Later that night/or some night… he kissed her. Over and over and over. He said that he wanted her. She declined, he groaned, “but why Dee-Dee”; he already had a pet name for her. And she said “you know why”…and with that went to bed. I assume I was the ‘why’.

The next day, they hooked up. She was ashamed and didn’t like it. She asked her friend from Sidney, Gabby, if she should tell me what she just did. Gabby warned her against it. And then she had sex with him again.

It was his birthday now. She took him bowling. At first he was apprehensive, but finally agreed to go. He turned out to be great! He even hit a strike! YIPPEE-FUCKING-DEEE!!! And then he said, “It’s all cuza Daisy”. And now! By then, they were a couple. He introduced her as his woman. And they had sex again.

One of Gabby’s friends had come along from Sidney with Gabby because she wanted to hang out with Garry. She was absolutely in love with him. On his birthday, she bought him a cake and surprised Garry at the house while Daisy was in the shower. She told Garry about her feelings for him, but he said he was feeling Dee and wasn’t interested. She took a flight back to Sidney that night.

As ya’ll may remember, Garry was to call me on his birthday, he didn’t.

As Dee Dee and G were watching movies in each other’s arms after a meal that one of them cooked for the other one evening, Sue walks into the house and stops dead in her tracks at this grotesque sight.

See Garry lived with three people in this house; Himself, Robert and Sue. Sue was extremely in love with Garry. Sue’s name was on the lease.

She marched to Robert and said, “I want that bitch out of my house!”
Garry wouldn’t have any of it. “If she leaves, I leave!” and Sue relaxed her grip. Daisy was uneasy. “Maybe I should leave” “no stay”. He was firm.

God knows if they had sex again, because she mentioned his loud snoring. Which I had told her about when me G were together…and we laughed about it. Garry said defensively, “it’s because I was sleeping on my back!” Sleeping on his back because he was holding me in his arms…

After everybody had gone back to their respective cities, Daisy stayed behind and played house with my ex mayn. Later on, she saw it fit to leave.

In Adelaide, they were eager to continue what they had started. G asked her to go online and they talked every so often. He was now pursuing a similar long distance relationship with her. Like he did with me.

“Its going to be hard Purple, but it will make us stronger.” He said to me once.


After some time however, Daisy said that she could no longer continue with the relationship. He couldn’t stop talking about all these girls that were hitting on him and saying stuff like “what are you going to do…”

By this time I was crying on my bedroom floor. It was as if the pain in my chest was too heavy because my entire upper body was on the ground, my face burning with tears. Daisy went on and on about the relationship/fling. She wasn’t holding back. Not that I wanted her to, but it hurt too much hearing all this; in detail.


My dream, my six foot one, dark skinned heavy built muscular I’ll pay for your ticket in June I can’t wait to kiss you again of a man was sleeping with my best friend.

As she lay it all down on the table for me, Garry's image kept on coming into my mind-when he undressed and stood naked in front of me, fearless; his hefty body glistening in the dark, before devouring me. An image I replayed in my mind every single day in wait of his second coming, and now she was the woman on the bed. Unbelievable.

And then I remembered the day he broke my heart. I am extremely uncomfortable with crying in front of people but I called Daisy, and she came to my house, and nursed me day after day, back to proximal happiness. I couldn’t fucking believe it. I had never felt this way about any man. Ever. And she knew this. I used to be the hugest skeptic of love at first sight, until I saw Garry. Folks, it exists.


I threw up two times that mornining. And my acidity came back.


I do not believe in coincidence.
There is a reason he came into my life. There is a reason that Daisy was there for me, and there is a reason she was the one who did this to me.

It’s been two days since I got the news. I’m much better now.


Had my first date with David. He saw my artwork and was convinced that I am sitting on a prime talent. He makes me blush and such, kissing my cheek at lunch and holding my hand under the table when I am talking. He’s absolutely gorgeous. Inside and out. He’s determined, passionate and sweet. And he believes in me. For some strange, reason, he does. I dunno why…

Andrew hasn’t spoken to me since Sunday, aka, Las Vegas.

Garry and me spoke on Monday when Daisy broke the news to me. He apologized for everything. Even for breaking communication with me that day many weeks ago. He said, “I’m not into her”... And many other things about Daisy I choose not to write on here.

Daisy and I are still friends. She apologized incessantly… I try to be empathetic to her. That she had missed being loved and Garry swept her away. She swears that she is not interested in him in the slightest bit anymore. He is immature and smokes…she says. I love Daisy… I hate that she did this to me. She had a bigger stake in our friendship and Garry was just being single, I tried to explain to her. He fucked up for sure by banging my best friend, but, I mean, if he was fucking some other bitch who am I to give a damn? D on the other hand, like I said, had a huge stake with me. And so, the betrayal lies with her. Never him.


I don’t know for sure what happened between them but just as Regina Brett said, all that matters is that you loved.


Peace and Love,
Purple.

5 comments:

  1. babe,u cant blame just one party..yeah,D should be more ashamed and u shud be mad at her more coz she's betrayed u more but G was in this too.. Sorry babe. I believe tho that D cant really be a good friend if she did that to you. Either that or she's miserable too and she needed to feel some affection. Leave Garry alone,he is just a loser and the more u forget him the happier u will be and u will attract great things..eg david and andrew. :*:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks A for... Yes, i hear you. Garry is definately not blameless but he had hurt me already in my past and I hwas already mourning his loss.Him doing this to me was more like a shocker than a betryal.However, i will def think about it more. And yes, forget Garry... D says he is stupid and immatture and shes right.
    Kudos! Andrew and David! okay maybe not so much Andrew... but yal should meet them... have pix! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEN!!! sigh.
    i'm so sorry you had to endure all that, it's really hurtful i know. Lots of blokes and lassies have at one point been stabbed in the back like that by a good friend! But it's mighty big of you to forgive Daisy...
    You'll be fine in no time!
    And by the by, "alcohol tasting like bitter herbs" SURELY must've been GIN! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for all you guys who commented on this blog last week. Google conviniently had problems with blogger on Wed-Fri and all posts therein were removed and reposted without the comments. Thanks tho fo the love and support. I deeply, deeply, appreciate every one of you. Love, Purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh! this is real drama..well,atleast she told u

    ReplyDelete